Sunday 7 June 2015

Cauliflower Bites

I found this recipe on potatostrong.com but have tweaked it to suit me. Basically, I have simplified it because I am lazy. To get the original recipe, see the website.  I liked the results I got with the pared down version, but I suspect the original gives you an even better end result.

What you will need:
1 head of cauliflower
1 cup pf flour (I used chickpea to keep it gluten free)
1 cup non-dairy milk (I used rice milk)
1 cup breadcrumbs (I used gluten free ones)
Spices (you can use onion or garlic powder, nutritional yeast, etc)

Method:
Preheat the oven to 235 degrees Celsius. Wash and cut cauliflower into florets. Mix the flour, non-dairy milk and spices and whisk to combine. Put florets into this mixture and mix to coat. Then dip each floret into a bowl of the breadcrumbs and lay onto baking sheet lined with baking paper.
Bake until crispy and browned – approx. 20 minutes.

Serve as is or you can serve with bbq or chili sauce to dip florets into. 


No comments:

Post a Comment