Tuesday 14 January 2014

Cucumber-sesame salad

A super easy dish that you can serve with pita bread or vegetable tempura. The original recipe (which I found in the book “30 Minute Vegan” by Mark Reinfield and Jennifer Murray) calls for the use of onions but I have omitted them and the taste is still fine without them.

What you will need:
¼ cup sesame seeds (toasted or raw)
4 cups sliced cucumber (about 1 or 2 large cucumbers), peeled and cut about 2cms thick. You can seed if you want but I didn’t bother.
1 tbsp minced red onion (optional)
1 sheet nori, grated or cut finely (I used a pre-cut pack I found at the supermarket tin the Asian Foods section)
½ tsp sea salt
2 tbsp rice vinegar (found in the Asian Foods section of the supermarket)
Bag of salad greens

Method:
Combine all the ingredients and mix well. Serve in bowls lined with mixed salad greens.

Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment