Wednesday 22 January 2014

Raspberry Tapioca Pudding

I had not eaten sago/tapioca since I was a child but a friendly recently made a batch and I found myself totally loving it!
I had a look online to see if there were any variations from the basic veganized version, and came across this one at:

We found all the ingredients in the supermarket.  I guess you can substitute with different berries if you like, but we found the raspberries to be delicious.

What you will need:
2 cups almond milk, divided
1/3 cup pearl tapioca/sago
Approx. 400 ml can coconut milk
1/3 cup agave syrup
1 cup frozen raspberries
Pinch of salt

Method:
In a medium sized saucepan, place tapioca in a cup of the almond milk. Cover with a plate and soak overnight (or minimum of 4 hours) at room temperature.
Add second cup of almond milk and bring the mix to boil over medium heat. Add coconut milk and agave. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring slowly and continuously for 10 minutes.
Add raspberries and salt and cook for another 5 minutes. As raspberries soften, use a wooden spoon to crush them up a bit against the side of the pan.

Remove for heat. .Refrigerate for a few hours, and you will find yourself having a smooth, creamy cold dessert for summer.  I found that it tasted even better the next day. Or if it is winter, have it while it is still warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment