Tuesday 2 April 2013

Recipe: Eggplant meatballs

I found this recipe via this site: Midwest Veg. I like eggplant and after finding out what panko breadcrumbs were and where to find them (used in Japanese cooking - found them in Fresh Stop at the Dogswamp Shopping Centre), I decided to give them a go.

The process of making them was a bit more fiddly than what I am use to bothering with. There is some prep work to be done with the eggplant beforehand and then you need to get your trusty food processor out.

The results were tasty, though, I must admit. Be aware that the balls will be cooked crispy on the outside but will be moist on the inside.

For there full recipe, go here.


2 comments:

  1. Looks interesting. Are panko gluten free? Kakula Sister at Nollamara Shops are selling vegan cheese (Shreeze) Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No,unfortunately. You could try this recipe with gluten free breadcrumbs - just not sure of the outcome.
    You mean Sheese?

    ReplyDelete