Monday 23 July 2012

Cafe: CNR

This cafe is situated on Lake Street in Northbridge, under the big screen in the plaza. My partner and I went to check it out after we heard good things about it by vegans and raw food vegans.
The interior is spacious with tables, chairs, and a sofa or two. There is also an outdoor dining area. The service was prompt and friendly. And the food? Oh the food!

Firstly, let me just say that although this is not a vegan or even vegetarian cafe, I do like the fact that their menus are organized in a way that if you are a vegan or vegetarian, you only need to look down one side of the menu instead of having to scroll through the whole thing.

I was in the mood for a vegan breakfast so went with that. This consisted of roasted field mushrooms, tomatoes, fries, macadamia cheese, gluten free toast, house baked beans, and onion jam. Let me just say that those baked beans were the best I have ever tasted! The macadamia cheese was a real treat but be warned - it is very rich!
The portion size was just right and I felt I got value for money.

My partner ordered the Sunlover smoothie which we shared. It was sooooo smooth, having just the right consistency. We had to pace ourselves with it, so not to down it all at once. There is quite a range of drinks available with most suitable for vegans.

To go with the drink, my partner ordered the Major Mushroom Burger which is a tempeh based burger with vegetables and a side of fries. He enjoyed it immensely, finding it to be delicious and filling.


A special mention of the fries : they appeared to be roughly handcut and were so delicious! Next time I go to CNR, no matter what we order, we are also having a side order of these.
We will definitely be going back to CNR as there are so many other vegan options to try out, including the raw food.

Their opening hours are:
Mon-Fri: 7.30am to 3.30pm
Sat-Sun: 8am to 4.30pm

2 comments:

  1. Is the macadamia cheese the white stuff? Sounds intriguing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Rich, creamy. Reminded me of goat cheese.

    ReplyDelete