Wednesday 20 March 2013

Cafe: Salad Bar at Loving Hut, Victoria Park

I have blogged about Loving Hut before. Since then, I have had the pleasure of visiting that establishment several times over. They are always coming up with new additions to their menu, so revisiting them is a real treat. When we heard that they had opened up a self serve salad bar at their Victoria Park store, my partner and I made a bee line for it.

The bar is situated at the front window of the cafe, and we noticed that it was catching people's attention as they wandered past. On offer were various fresh vegetables such as lettuce, cherry tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, etc. plus various salads such as cous cous and roast vegetable, spicy potato and bean mix, and quinoa with pumpkin and spinach. Also on offer were various sauces,  lemongrass tofu and tempeh, lentil polenta, tandori bites, and cubes of vegan cheese.

The takeaway bowls come in two sizes and we noticed that they are made of biodegradable materials, which was great.

Whilst I was at it, I also ordered some hot food to have with my salad.

My partner and I tried a little bit of almost everything from the salad bar, and all of it was delicious!



We topped off our lunch with some soft serve icecream in a waffle cone. My partner opted for the vanilla which is super creamy. I had the mango, which was not quite as creamy. It had a soft sorbet kind of feel to it, instead. Still, it tasted REAL, if you get my meaning - real mango and not just flavouring. And it was perfect for a hot day.

The best news of all is that Loving Hut in Victoria Park, is now open 7 days a week:

Mon-Fri: 10am to 2.30pm
Weekends: 10am to 4.30pm

You can keep up with what's new and see lots of mouth watering pictures of their dishes on their Facebook page. Check it out!







2 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog via Mel's (Veganise This) - it's great to discover another Perth blogger, and a vegan one at that! I have yet to get to Loving Hut but it is going rapidly up my list of places to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a few of us out there. :)
    Loving Hut are well worth the visit and revisit! Nice to go into a place and have confidence that whatever you order is going to be vegan. And there are so many choices on their menus.

    ReplyDelete